OnlineCare Canada is committed to providing personal and secure services. We respect your need for non-judgmental, caring and helpful support at this time. Your information will be held in strict confidence.
We assure your confidentiality in several ways:
- Email is intrinsically insecure. OnlineCare uses a proven web-based service safeguarding your communications in a secure, password-entry system.
- There are no identifying details requested of you to use this service.
- Client information will not be discussed with third parties exterior to the organization, except by permission of the client.
- No information is shared computer to computer on the Online Peer Counsellor service, so your information remains secure on this site.
- Your information will not be shared outside the organization, except if you were suicidal or homicidal; or under age and being abused.
- If a client story is used for training or publicity purposes, any identifying client features or details will be removed.
- All of our peer counsellors have signed a confidentiality commitment contract.
The local centres and helpline referred to on our site all provide free and confidential services.